Where's my 13" laptop!?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
After pouring over the specs for the new Macbook Pro, I have to admit, in general, it's pretty nice. Granted, not perfect, but for it's thickness and weight, pretty damn impressive. Price isn't terribly out of the ball park either.

Nevertheless, a 15" isn't what I'm looking for. I need something that I can take with me where ever I go and not think to myself "ugh. I've got to carry this laptop all day."

So, what do you think the likely hood of a 13" (Macbook, Macbook pro, Core Duo, or Solo, whatever) within then next month or two. I realize that Core Duo laptops aren't shipping before February, but could it be possible that once they start shipping, Apple opens up it's line up to include more configurations and sizes? Or do you think Apple will wait until people start shopping for the Fall '06 academic year before introducing more models? I need a laptop soon, but I just can't justify buying a PowerPC at this point, especially when the new processors are so much faster.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I think the MacBook (formerly iBook) and Mac mini will get updated next after the single core Yonahs are available. I do not know for a fact when that will be but I am guessing March/April. Apple is going to want to get the Intel powered Macs out ASAP.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    MacBook... god its gonna take me YEARS to not call it a Powerbook anymore

MacBook really sounds... cheap...