rumour true?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know this is silly but there seems to be a difference between speculation and actual rumours that were put out by

supposedly insiders////so the question is

which category did the mac mini pvr and ipod shuffle rumours fall in to? I was really watching for these and so I am hoping these are in the pipe and apple just decided to delay them a bit.

------

I guess these are questions mostly for the appleinsider and think secret folks, seems like both mentioned them over the last month

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I think the shuffle rumors got canned when they reappeared as being available on the apple store a week or two ago. The mini and iBook rumors got canned, at least in my mind, when I saw the cost of the Yonah PCs being released. I bet they'll get single cores when they come out in a few months. There's no doubt that the mini will get the remote and Frontrow. I don't know what to say about the PVR. It doesn't seem to fit into Apple's current strategy.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    thanks....I kinda think that a media center mini would have to be dual core though....I mean we are talking major processing power to be a good media center...I think that way anyhow, perhaps it wont be in the mini form facter at all, still small but with a new sleek look called something different.....that puts this way out in speculation land though...I was hoping the recent rumors were true...oh well
  • Reply 3 of 9
    you know alot of people have the insight to create great things....it's just that as far as ceo's of large corporations steve is a rare bird. Just some of the workable

concepts that members of this forum come up with perhaps would even surpass apple if we had the billions to back those ideas up.

example:, think how easy it would be to incorporate a pager into an ipod...or a step further let it do text messaging......these are relatively easy to fit inside the ipods form factor.

tons and tons more great ideas from creative people all over the place. just a ramble lol
  • Reply 4 of 9
    one more thing...steve should buy echostar and convert the whole satellite network into a server for the apple media center, just buy the applestar and have highspeed internet/media server at your finger tips

a satellite dish on top of your house with a big glowing apple in the middle of it lol
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I wonder how much directv would pay applestar for echostars current customers...I bet they would buy everyone of them a new receiver for there regular tv viewing. I also bet Charlie would be very receptive to the whole idea since echostar has been slowly losing that war.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    I think you have revealed why you are not a CEO with billions at your disposal.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    hmmm I take it you do not see that vision, at some point you

have to stop thinking of apple as a computer company....it is destined on its current course to be a multimedia powerhouse if it sees fit, whether they end up buying a phone company, satellite or cable, I look for them to secure a delivery medium that they will have complete control over.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mercury7

hmmm I take it you do not see that vision, at some point you

have to stop thinking of apple as a computer company....it is destined on its current course to be a multimedia powerhouse if it sees fit, whether they end up buying a phone company, satellite or cable, I look for them to secure a delivery medium that they will have complete control over.

Oh I see the vision all right. Visions are easy; making them happen is the difficult bit.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by mercury7

thanks....I kinda think that a media center mini would have to be dual core though....I mean we are talking major processing power to be a good media center...I think that way anyhow, perhaps it wont be in the mini form facter at all, still small but with a new sleek look called something different.....that puts this way out in speculation land though...I was hoping the recent rumors were true...oh well

I'm not sure you need as much CPU processing power if they have video acceleration with the new ATI GPUs.

Although I'd love to see a DC mini, I'm thinking the chances of a Core Solo are more likely now just for differentiation purposes (iMac and Macbook Pro DC, Macbook and Macmini SC).