iPod video output not having sound

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
For some reason whenever i export any video to any format with QuickTime Pro, it totally lacks sound. I have tried coming from many different sources such as MPEG and MOV.

The main time that this has happened, has been with the Video iPod export. with that export, there are also no options as to what you want to do so i can't even play around and get a new setting.

Any help would be appreciated. I am using all of the newest stuff that is out there. Thanks for the help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

For some reason whenever i export any video to any format with QuickTime Pro, it totally lacks sound. I have tried coming from many different sources such as MPEG and MOV.

The main time that this has happened, has been with the Video iPod export. with that export, there are also no options as to what you want to do so i can't even play around and get a new setting.

Any help would be appreciated. I am using all of the newest stuff that is out there. Thanks for the help

I'd need a few more details to help out. You might want to try doing a manual export (iPod quality is generally 320x240 (or 320xwhatever if it's letterbox), and be sure to click options and fiddle with the audio settings. If that works, try a preset again; it might work if the audio setting were on something strange...who knows...

(Be warned, I stopped using QTPro a while ago because I got burned too many times with the full upgrade price and found other free tools. So this is all from memory.) I use ffmegX quite a bit, and I've never had an issue. You might try that (if it suits your needs).
  • Reply 2 of 2
    In some of the other setting, i hit options and under the adio tab it is all greyed out and selected to none. I do not know how to ungrey it. Thanks for the help.