Photoshop CS3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I posted this on another area but here goes again:

Does anyone know how much memory Photoshop CS3 is needed to run. Will the 2GB be adequate for an advanced amateur?

No large volume manipulations

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammick

I posted this on another area but here goes again:

Does anyone know how much memory Photoshop CS3 is needed to run. Will the 2GB be adequate for an advanced amateur?

No large volume manipulations

what is photoshop cs3? there is no such product out yet.

2Gb should be enough memory for anything you'd do in photoshop unless you are a professional. i personally have some files that would suffer at 2Gb, but i also do really high-res retouching.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    CS3 is what people are calling the version of Photoshop that is native to the new Mactel machine--noone knows when it will become available.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammick

CS3 is what people are calling the version of Photoshop that is native to the new Mactel machine--noone knows when it will become available.

Adobe claims to have an 18-month release cycle. Hence, 18 months from the release of CS2 would be a good guess.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by m01ety

Adobe claims to have an 18-month release cycle. Hence, 18 months from the release of CS2 would be a good guess.

I read somewhere that it may arrive in the late Spring 2006.

Do you think that CS3 will tap into the Core Image features of Tiger?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

I read somewhere that it may arrive in the late Spring 2006.

Do you think that CS3 will tap into the Core Image features of Tiger?

I am highly doubting it as they need to retain cross platform feature set, but we can still hope they will.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Write

I am highly doubting it as they need to retain cross platform feature set, but we can still hope they will.

Let's hope that Apple, while aiding Adobe in porting their applications to work efficiently on Intel processors, that they also try to help sneak this in.