Dateline program tonight: child predators

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
It's on MSNBC right now.

My God I don't know what to think! They're catching grown up guys coming in into a house to meet a 13-year old. They're filming them as they come in and as a reporter confronts them after they got into the house expecting a (non-existant) 13-year old kid. The reaction on these people's faces when they learn the footage will be featured on national television!!!

This has got to be the most bizarre most disturbing thing bit of "legitimate reporting" I've ever seen. The whole thing is just so disgusting I am at loss of words.

As much as there is no question what these guys were up to is absolutely abhorrent, this whole reporters-as-cops phenomenon and me being a voyeur watching it all roll on tape gives me the creeps!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I saw that air a couple weeks ago, and yes it was very shocking. One of them was a Rabbi. I wonder if the police could do this kind of thing, or if it would be entrapment.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I saw that air a couple weeks ago, and yes it was very shocking. One of them was a Rabbi. I wonder if the police could do this kind of thing, or if it would be entrapment.

There are undercover cops on the chat forums all the time. If first contact is made by the predator I don't think that's entrapment. But IANAL.

But these guys are truly sicko's. The ones that admit what they are doing are pitiful jerks, but the ones that deny everything despite all the evidence are truly scary.