iMac G5

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i have and iMac G5 (the second release of it) and lately it has been getting louder, is this normal for this computer or do you think something is wrong with it. its not just louder but there more noises coming from it.

also, on a completely different topic, i noticed that the colors look different depending on the position of the monitor and even in the same position the top of the screen is darker than the bottom, does anyone know which is the right position or how to fix this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mbG5

i have and iMac G5 (the second release of it) and lately it has been getting louder, is this normal for this computer or do you think something is wrong with it. its not just louder but there more noises coming from it.

also, on a completely different topic, i noticed that the colors look different depending on the position of the monitor and even in the same position the top of the screen is darker than the bottom, does anyone know which is the right position or how to fix this?

You may have a defective machine. The viewing angles of the iMac display are here (same as the iMac iSight, and I believe the iMac ALS -- yours). It is up to you to judge from what you do see if your iMac seems to have some problem or not. If you think so, then I would say call Apple. Tell them about the noise too. The machine is still under warranty.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Someone recently noticed that his iMac was getting louder, and fixed the problem by cleaning dust out of the ventilation areas on the back and bottom.

As for the screen, most LCD screens have some degree of variance depending on whioch angle you look at them. If the problem is really severe, then it sounds like a defect

Could be due to strange lighting, though.