Apple advertising....strategy?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was thinking about apple and, specifically, their TV adds. Remember the ad where the young couple is having a baby and the dad to be is taking digital pics then runs off and downloads them to his powerbook? They show him putting together a slide show and showing it to the mother minutes after she delivered. aside from him totally seeming more interested in tech than his wife giving birth (can we say no sex for him for months?), i think this type of ad is where apple needs to concentrate now. Show not just the product but how it can be USEFUL in your daily life. This is, after all, where Macs excel. Show people doing all the iLife things...kids' band recording to Garage Band and putting a pod cast on the web, people making photo books and sending them to family. Whatever. The point is if average joe sees an ad like this and says "damn, i cant do anything that elegant and simple on my PC, maybe i should get a Mac," then I think Apple will have a great many people switching faster than just getting them hooked on iPod. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Speak.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    uhhh.....hmph?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yeah, advertising is about brand recognition and showing how well a product can meet a need -- or reveal a need you didn't know you had.

Ads talking about how the Intel chip is free of the boring PCs is just a waste of money for Apple and could get a bunch of people actually turned off to them.