ibook & OSX & MacJanitor

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Question about OSX and ibook's. I know *nix has runs daily, weekly jobs (cron) to clean up filesystems ect. and most of these are ran at night or on weekends. So I found MacJanitor for just this purpose. Has anyone tried this app. that has a laptop? How well does it work?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I've used it and it works just fine. All it does is call the scripts that would normally run at night, as you mentioned. You should definitely use this if your iBook or any other Mac either goes to sleep or shuts down at night.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I have used it on my iBook 500 since it came out. It seems to be working well and I have never had any problems with it. I would recommend it.

I have always noticed however that if I turn my ibook off at night and use MacJanitor, that my book just flat out works better. Especially that internet connect hang. I don't get the hang if I turn off at night. It's only when I let it sleep for several nights that I seem to notice it.

Not trying to hijack the thread, sorry.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tristantristan Posts: 79member
    Great guys thanks!

P.S. I am a newbie to Mac who came over from linux, now since I got my ibook my girlfriend loves it so much she ordered an iMac last night with a SuperDrive.

Just thought I would brag