70s tv for kids; real-life speed buggy?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I have been thinking about and looking for a 70s tv show that is of a VW dune buggy that is intelligent. It may not have been a series, but a special. I need no video, but validation that it actually existed!

It is clearly a take on Herbie the Love Bug and the Speed Buggy cartoon, I think. It showed on Saturday mornings before Superfriends, at least in kinda' northern Ohio. Superfriends. Oh, God, there's another thread...

The show is with real actors... unless I have some sort of psychological issue and it was only cartoon.

To validate my tattered pre-pubescent memories, does anyone know about this show?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    vague recolections.... but apparently my memory is no better than yours
  • Reply 2 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Was this the schlep-mobile? I remember some kind of show with an intelligent car as well. ([edit] Kroft superstar show???)

As long as we're talking about Saturday shows with real life actors, how about the Shazaam - Isis power hour?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Wow, that's a vague memeory, too. I'm starting to think this show wasn't a long running series, but maybe on for a season? I remember that the buggy could shoot out rope (I think) and tie people up, it's hood could open by itself, etc.

It's probably pretty lame, but remember the day I sat down to watch it and it wasn't on again. I've never been the same...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Perhaps you're thinking of Wonder Bug from the Krofft Super Show? That's the only link I could find with a picture.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    That's it!!!! Thank you very much.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spike

Perhaps you're thinking of Wonder Bug from the Krofft Super Show? That's the only link I could find with a picture.

That's the one I was thinking about.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    This show started to run when I was 3. Now I'm surprised I even remember it.

Tempted to get the video-- anyone seen it?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Was that the one with the Schmoo?