quicktime again

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
yeah i got the mpeg2 codec from apple and now i need a52 codec. wow i found that and installed but doesn't allow me still to play those files. another thing it is not interlaced or prograssive. also most of my records files have AAC sound but don't play.

main issue

-A52 set up

-AAC files of record shows don't work

-get lines in the video

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rise Above

yeah i got the mpeg2 codec from apple and now i need a52 codec. wow i found that and installed but doesn't allow me still to play those files. another thing it is not interlaced or prograssive. also most of my records files have AAC sound but don't play.

main issue

-A52 set up

-get lines in the video

Have you tried VLC? It usually plays just about everything.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Have you tried VLC? It usually plays just about everything.

The sooner I never have to open up VLC again the better. *shudders*
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

The sooner I never have to open up VLC again the better. *shudders*

I understand. It's not the prettiest application, to be sure. But QT is mighty flakey with a lot of video files on the internets and various kinds of illicit videos that one might get via torrent.

Not that I'd know anything about that.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    i love vlc player but i have a imac with remote and i want to use it. until i or someone makes it work with the remote i have quicktime only
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

i love vlc player but i have a imac with remote and i want to use it. until i or someone makes it work with the remote i have quicktime only

If the issue is an unavailable codec...try running the file through ffmpegx to get it into a format QT will play.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

main issue

-A52 set up

-get lines in the video

You can find an A52 QuickTime codec here.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I have 20" intel core duo iMac and so far VLC seems to be working well. I was able to play avi files with a52 and mpeg audio encoding.