ibook purchase

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here's the story.

I am going to need a laptop this semester, and I was thinking about iBook 12”. Great price, real portable laptop because of it's size, and I think the G4 will cover my needs. Word processing, internet, sql/java programing. My question is should I wait for the new intel ibook? Will there be a significant difference?

Ps: I've never had a mac experience before.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,584member
    Kind of hard to say but I vote for wait it out. I have a 12" iBook and it is great. I love it. Very portable and the only way it can get better is to come in a subnotebook size.



    Sure the G4 will do ya, but I would beg someone and borrow a notebook until then. You don't want to purchase a new computer on a chip platform that will be yesterday's news 3 weeks ago. Know what I mean? Normally, I would say buy now but with the Intel switch, wait it out or get the MBP 15" now.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I would buy the iBook G4, intel iBooks will not be ready before June andnobody knows when the pro apps or games will be ported to Universal binaries, so if you buy the iBook now you can use all the software available without a problem
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hxc04hxc04 Posts: 145member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by alberto

    I would buy the iBook G4, intel iBooks will not be ready before June andnobody knows when the pro apps or games will be ported to Universal binaries, so if you buy the iBook now you can use all the software available without a problem



    Agreed buy it now
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ok, I'll go for the ibook.

    THANK YOU!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.