Radio

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I recently purchased my first iMac and have been pleased I made the switch from a Windows based system. My question has to do with how to add new radio stations to the list already configured in iTunes. I experimented a bit and was able to add new stations to my 'Library,' but not under 'Radio.' I'd like to have them in 'Radio' so I can have the station name and information regarding the music being played displayed. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks

Dan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    AFAIK, the "Radio" section in iTunes isn't user configurable... it grabs a list from Apple's servers.

If you want a new station or new info in there, you'd have to put in a request to Apple's iTunes or server gnomes.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Well that's interesting. Do you know whether they are responsive to such requests?

Dan
  • Reply 3 of 4
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html is a 'request for content' rather than tech feedback form.

I'm guessing they do respond, but based on # of requests, or what, I couldn't speculate.

(Plenty of people probably request Beatles stuff... but there's that whole lawsuit/licensing thing)

All you can do is give it a shot.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Dan