What To Do About My Old iPod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Granted, it's not fully functional. The screen comes and goes, it will cost some money to get it fixed. It's a 4th generation w/ 20gb. Is it worth the trouble fixing it when I already own the Nano? I don't know what I would do with it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    If it'll still mount on your computer, you can always still use it as an external drive.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    There's always eBay of course...you'd be surprised what people would buy. Saw a mini on there that went through the wash and just didn't even turn on anymore. It sold for $90! This is recent btw, even with nanos and new iPods on the market.

No doubt there's somebody who'd pay for your iPod, if only just for the parts. (Come to think of it, smalldog.com might buy it was well.)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Thank you for your suggestions. I was browsing CNET and realized how I can make use of my 20GB 4th Gen. iPod. Check out the new DLO TransPod . It handles 4th and 5th Gen iPods as well as Nano's but this is perfect for my 4th Gen iPod. It's expensive, however. I don't think it'll happen right away.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zygomatic

Thank you for your suggestions. I was browsing CNET and realized how I can make use of my 20GB 4th Gen. iPod. Check out the new DLO TransPod . It handles 4th and 5th Gen iPods as well as Nano's but this is perfect for my 4th Gen iPod. It's expensive, however. I don't think it'll happen right away.

How is that going to help if the screen goes out? If you use one of the adapters that allow the car head unit control the iPod and display titles, then you don't need the screen. Granted, that would probably be even more expensive.