iPod Nano Completely Frozen

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My girlfriends Nano is completely frozen. It won't turn off when holding the play/pause button and the computer won't even recognize it when its plugged in. Has anyone else experienced this problem before. If so, how did you fix it? Anyone have advice on the situtation? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Reset the iPod by holding the center button and the menu button simultaneously.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    More information is available at Apple's iPod support site:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Thanks for the info guys, this morning the iPod had lost most of its battery and let me turn it on no problem and worked fine. But if it happens again I will know what to do. Thanks!!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TrojanShawn

Thanks for the info guys, this morning the iPod had lost most of its battery and let me turn it on no problem and worked fine. But if it happens again I will know what to do. Thanks!!

Maybe the hold switch was on? I once thought my iPod was dead but it turned out that the hold switch was the issue. I did have a few times where if I completely drained the battery, it wouldn't connect to the computer until the battery was charged a bit.