i imported some pics via image capture

open a new album in iphoto for the pics

import, select pics in folder,

then no pics imported!!!!!

helpand thankyou!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    First, why are you using image capture to import? I assume you mean from your camera. You should use iPhoto instead. It performs the same functions. Second, when you import via the iPhoto file menu, the photos are brought into your main Photo Library not into the new album you selected. You can drag photos to the new album to have an organized way to view them, but they will also always remain in the main Library. The Library is the master view to your collection. If you want to separate photos by the group they were imported with, iPhoto keeps track of them by Rolls. You can view them this way by selecting arrange photos by film roll under the Edit menu.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    iphoto does not do the same thing as capture. Capture lets you download some or all. iphoto makes you put everything in your camera at the time of downloading into the same roll. This is not great when you have pictures of different things that you want categorized separately. Capture also lets you place the pictures anywhere you want on your hard drive.

When is a revision of iphoto going to come out? This version is old and weak.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    A couple more things. If you leave some pictures on your camera, Image Capture will not import a second copy. With iPhoto you get a second copy. Also Image Capture will download your movies (if you have a camera that takes mpegs). Image Capture is just a much more intelligent application when it comes to downloading images.

I don't think this works with all cameras, but my Sony DSC-P5 shows up as a disk in the finder, so I can use the Import function directly from the camera. That allows me to import just the pictures I want to, as long as I can remember which ones I have already downloaded.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    I agree iPhoto is less than perfect, and Image Capture still has it's advantages. I was trying to make things simple for a newbie who was having problems. Anyway, I can't wait for an update either.

Did anyone else notice the small speed boost iPhoto recieved from the 10.0.4 update? I see the spinning disk much less now when zooming in and out.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    What I want to know is why doesn't iPhoto sort albums alphabetically? This makes it hard to find pics sometimes with 20+ albums in random order.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    guys, thanks for your ideas

but what i am really annoyed is that i cant import photos to the library !

talking about importing via iphoto, i find the way it organizes the imported jpg file a bit annoying as well, in folders, 01, 02,......and imported photos aint stored in the same folder but separate folder....