NEW IMAC!!!! Having Problems

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hello I just received my new imac. I am wondering what the best way to treansfer my music from one computer to my new one is. I used my 512 mb jump drive and after 65 songs it said it was full??? I know that there has to be a simple way to do this i just havent found it!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I use a 300GB Maxtor External Drive (Mac and PC compatible) to backup and transfer files.. If you have invested lots of time or money in media, I highly reccomend one. I have used about 150 GB so far..
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Well thank you for your help but i ended up purchasing the Podworks thing, which lets you take songs from your ipos to your Itunes. It works nicely!!!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    What is your old computer?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Dell Inspiron 8200 is my old computer. but its no problem now because this powowrks works great!!! There was an article about this program in the wall street journal on Jan 12th
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by praetguard

Well thank you for your help but i ended up purchasing the Podworks thing, which lets you take songs from your ipos to your Itunes. It works nicely!!!

It is probably a nice program, but I too highly recommend getting an external Firewire drive for backups. Hard drives can and do fail on occasion. If you make a backup using Super Duper or the like, you can be up and running right away and not have lost all your files.