iWeb/iPhoto Gallery. Have you seen it? It makes me want to puke.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
When you click on an image in the exported gallery, it pops of with a brushed metal screen with iTunes 2 like buttons with the surrounding indent, and the picture in the middle of the frame. It's rather horid.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Only about eleventybillion times. And it gets uglier by the day.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    anyone have a link to an example?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    yup, it really looks ugly. pretty much like the .mac slideshows.

http://homepage.mac.com/r3d/.Public/sample.jpg

exporting to a folder in iphoto created plain html links as 'buttons' (next, previous, up).
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I think it only produces slideshows like that if you save the site to a folder then upload somewhere. However, if you use iWeb to upload directly to .Mac, you get more advanced slideshows. Like the ones on my web site . I'm not convinced about the reflection though...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:

Originally posted by digitaldave

I think it only produces slideshows like that if you save the site to a folder then upload somewhere. However, if you use iWeb to upload directly to .Mac, you get more advanced slideshows. Like the ones on my web site . I'm not convinced about the reflection though...

I personally like the iWeb/.mac combo makes for great looking and intuitive Websites from what I have seen. I don't personally own either one but I intend to. Also, your Site seems to run quite fast. When they first started popping up, the sites were really slow. Has anything changed? Are you doing something different? Was the problem with .mac? What gives?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I have no idea why things are running faster now - perhaps they've fixed something on the .Mac sever side?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Well I see no reason why:

a) they can't do what they do for .Mac publishes when publishing to a folder, or you could include an FTP client.

b) why they can't at least make it look not totaly horrible if not the same as .mac
  • Reply 8 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

Well I see no reason why:

a) they can't do what they do for .Mac publishes when publishing to a folder, or you could include an FTP client.

b) why they can't at least make it look not totaly horrible if not the same as .mac

Because they want to SELL YOU .mac!

You have much to learn about marketing, young Skywalker

iWeb should be bundled with .mac, not ilife!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

iWeb should be bundled with .mac, not ilife!

But then they wouldn't sell as many copies of iLife.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    It should be bundled with both. So we can have more of this 'goodness' from Apple. I love you Steve Jobs!