Wouldn't it be cool if the digital hub was really a hub?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I think that making the digital hub a physical hub would be a great thing to chane the market with. I think that people no longer want to choose between functionality and mobility. I think that Jobs is talking about something the likes the world has never seen before, so I shouldn't try do define it, but I did anyway.

Here is what I call the iPort (for portable) and the iDock (it's counterpart)... they're actually just ONE product because the two are really quite inseperable. the drive, most of the hard disk space and all the regular ports are on the iDock whick is built around the 15" display. The really innovative part is the iPort which is really the heart of the computer in the sense of it holding the processor, bios, etc. Along with being the charger, more ram and disk space is held in the iDock making it a complete desktop while the iPort has enough to be a teriffic handheld and because it's simply and extension of your computer, you can really use it like the ultraportable everyone was looking for.

The really ingenious part is that for educational institutions, you simply buy each student an iPort with a charger and then they can plug in at any lab station where there's a iDock, eliminating the need for log-ons.

Finally, I've heard conflicting reports about Gigawire and here it is used as the next form of firewire. If that's wrong, just pretend that it's another firewire port.

So anyway I was bored and took 10 mins and drew up something from other posts (I'm such a vulture) but it's the idea that counts...

And yes that's a slot that the iPort fits into like the drive did on the psimos except verticle.

Anyway, I just thaought htat it was cool idea so feel free to comment on it or post your own idea of the next new thing, but please no updated hardware... do that somewhere else...