I know im an idiot..don't shout!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Am I the only one driven mad trying to download Apples enormous (83Mb) software updates from their site?

I can't update to 9.2.2 I can't update X with their 'combo' download (I can't even get iPhoto).

My connection seems fine whilst im sat clicking as soon as I leave it to download chunks it interupts and stops it.

(Yes I am on AOL. Yes I know thats wrong but I dont have access to a BT line have several machines in seperate rooms and cant afford cable broadband plus the cost of an airport and three cards)

Does anyone know of a way to make aol/apple behave?

Thanks (please be gentle technical knowledge limited)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aeneas:

<strong>Am I the only one driven mad trying to download Apples enormous (83Mb) software updates from their site?

I can't update to 9.2.2 I can't update X with their 'combo' download (I can't even get iPhoto).

My connection seems fine whilst im sat clicking as soon as I leave it to download chunks it interupts and stops it.

(Yes I am on AOL. Yes I know thats wrong but I dont have access to a BT line have several machines in seperate rooms and cant afford cable broadband plus the cost of an airport and three cards)

Does anyone know of a way to make aol/apple behave?

Thanks (please be gentle technical knowledge limited) </strong><hr></blockquote>

Need more details. What kind of a connection are you on? How are you connecting? If you're using airport, make sure you have all the latest updates (2.0.2 is the latest version). But you should provide as many details as possible, (even ones that you think aren't relevant) so that you can get the most help.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

Need more details. What kind of a connection are you on? How are you connecting? If you're using airport, make sure you have all the latest updates (2.0.2 is the latest version). But you should provide as many details as possible, (even ones that you think aren't relevant) so that you can get the most help.</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Im using a dial up connection to AOL via an Apple internal 56k modem on a standard NTL telephone line. I'm not using an airport that was an idea to get round my problems that worked out way too expensive. Im using AOL's built in browser, have tried, when logged on, to use Explorer and hiding AOL in the finder (as advised by Apple) but this made no difference.

PS. I'm using OS9.2 (Have OSX but can't connect at all with that)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Moving to Genius Bar.