anyone else freaked about Bugs on Core Duo

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Not sure if anyone has seen this...but what are your thoughts on the 34 known problems found on the Core Duo?? Averaging an error-and a half a day...

Geek.com "My god the're full of flaws"

I'm a bit freaked and dunno if i should wait til 2nd generations when bugs are all out or if i should say F it, and sell my powerbook now to get the newbie in a few days?? suggestions? comments??

Edit: Added image of bugs:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    isn't this current hardware?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Ayup, done.

And no, not really freaked out - every CPU and chip has bugs, actually. If you read the actual text of the bugs, the vast majority are ones that are able to be worked around by software. Performance hit, but them's the breaks.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I'm not surprised. It's a new chip, and most of these bugs can be fixed by software.

However, ALL chips have bugs and some that are currently out have more than this.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    The AMD Athlon 64 has about 75-100 errata but no major showstoppers afaik. The Core Duo has a lot of showstoppers, reminds me of the Pentium bug (google it)
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by theapplegenius

The AMD Athlon 64 has about 75-100 errata but no major showstoppers afaik. The Core Duo has a lot of showstoppers, reminds me of the Pentium bug (google it)

It is somewhat troublesome, that the early adopters will be the ones to find out if we have showstopper bugs in out computers, But on the otherhand, so far no one with an iMac has reported any significant problems...so far. The pentium bug of yore was so problematic becuase intel tried to hide the fact it existed for several months. In this case, everyone who develops for the yonah chip knows of its problems. That should us the end users from getting hammered.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    There's nothing in the errata list that really strikes me down. Certainly nothing there is a "show-stopper". Really I have to agree with this. Overblown by a bunch of people that don't actually understand errata.