New phone/browser in Japan

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Check this out

Sharp's new w-zero3

http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/13/s...3-mini-review/

Actually held one in my hand today...it is pretty light but slightly thick. Very pocketable, though. The screen was georgeous.

Why doesn't Apple do something like this with it's phone?

It's a little more expensive than an iPod 5G.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Only real reason I could think of using a PDA is for contacts, calendars and email on the go. Other apps have better alternatives. However, I am a 9 to 5 guy and have no need for a PDA. I wish I did cause I like them simply because they are cool. But wouldn't buy one if I couldn't make good use of it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    There is the constant debate over the Apple Tablet (which has recently gotten new fuel).

The big thing with this thing is its size, which is of extreme importance here in Japan; if you ever want a real experience, catch a commuter train out of Tokyo Station during rush hour and you will quickly understand the need tfor compactness. Also it is a cool gadget, and the Japanese love their gadgets. According to the shop where I saw it, they sell about 10 a day, compared to a single iPod of any variety. One customer I saw buying it said it was slightly larger than the iPod, slightly more expensive, but he could surf the Net and receive phone calls on it in addition to listen to music.