Post this or look into it, mac book pro not out till end of feb

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I called apple store in N.H. and they have a recording that states the mac book pro is scheduled some time near the end of the month Ugh I can't wait that long wnad what chance is there that it will hop to march a little as welll......

Hrmmmm time for other options...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    That's most likely the estimation of the lengthened shipping due to customs clearance and other minor delays.

I doubt it'll get pushed into March.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    The first ever batch of 17" PBG4s were pushed back until April due to heat issues so it's always possible Apple's delivery date could slip.

Also, preorders might actually take precedence to stocking Apple stores.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

The first ever batch of 17" PBG4s were pushed back until April due to heat issues so it's always possible Apple's delivery date could slip.

Also, preorders might actually take precedence to stocking Apple stores.

True,, but I also recall stores getting product before people were getting their preorders.. It's all a big head ache.. :P
  • Reply 4 of 5
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tripdragon

True,, but I also recall stores getting product before people were getting their preorders.. It's all a big head ache.. :P

In 2001 I was able to get my Titanium PB at CompUSA in February while many people who had preordered with Apple were still waiting for their units.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I would say that if you lined up for the new machine and want it ASAP don't get a build-to-order unit. A standard configuration will get the unit to you like a week sooner.