Powerbook problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My friend is having some trouble with his PowerBook G4. When he got it, it have OSX 10.2 on it and needed to upgrade to run a certain program. He borrowed a copy of 10.3.4 from his friend and installed it. When he installed it, the Findr wouldn't work, there were no icons on the desktop and the command bar is non existant. He can use other programs like Safari and Word and the Command Bar does come up when he is running those programs but as soon as he quits, it disappears. If he clicks on the Finder icon or trash icon in the dock, nothing happens at all system preferences icon isn't in the dock. He installed 10.3 again but the problem persists.

The only solution we can think of is that the OSX disc that he has is for an ibook G4 but I can't imagine that that would be the problem but maybe it is. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I'm not sure, but I have a powerbook and a powermac. I formated the powerbook a few months ago and used the powermac disc my mistake and it gave me a compatiablity warning.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    What we have here, gentlemen, is somebody trying to get technical support for a pirated OS.

That's not allowed here.