upgrade imac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
so yeah i am been saying i got a imac g5 17", and will i hate two things. one the hard drive the second is the heat. but i got a nice 250 in there but i would like a 320 wester digital. i not a big fan of maxtor hard drives. many bad experiances with them. so is it possible to upgrade to the 320 with out much problem. with heat also. and anyone got an idea how to cool the system nice. cause the cpu it like 120deg normal and 160 at work on idvd and imovie. i love the machine but it needs to be cooled and need a little more room. then get a sweet 2gb stick later or maybe a 4gb if it comes out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rise Above

so yeah i am been saying i got a imac g5 17", and will i hate two things. one the hard drive the second is the heat. but i got a nice 250 in there but i would like a 320 wester digital. i not a big fan of maxtor hard drives. many bad experiances with them. so is it possible to upgrade to the 320 with out much problem. with heat also. and anyone got an idea how to cool the system nice. cause the cpu it like 120deg normal and 160 at work on idvd and imovie. i love the machine but it needs to be cooled and need a little more room. then get a sweet 2gb stick later or maybe a 4gb if it comes out.

Which G5 17" do you have? Do you have an iSight on it?

I have swapped a lot out of my 20" G5 iMac 1st Gen. Dual layer dvd burner, ram, hdd's, etc.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    yeah i have the last made 17" isight.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rise Above

yeah i have the last made 17" isight.

I personally would give it a shot but I am not you. Of course, warranties don't really mean much to me either... My wife doesn't care for that attitude though.