New Sighting of Event Poster

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi

First things first, I know you all hate me. Second thing -- second, this new one aint mine. Some guy at nova has got a sighting of a new invite

Check it out

http://forums.applenova.com/showthre...134#post298134

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Thanks for giving us the heads up so quickly .
  • Reply 2 of 8
    zandroszandros Posts: 537member
    What now, is this the fourth claimed invitation, all with different layout and fonts? And this also from a new-registered member? And Moscone doesn't show an Apple booking at the 22nd, but they may have been asked to keep it secret.

You've got the golden ticket.

There's been a mix up...

We're not quite done yet.

Anyone able to make something out of this?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Another fraud. WOW! If real invitations were being handed out the real news sites would be reporting receiving them. It's not a "hush hush" thing to be invited to a news conference from Apple. This is how Apple gets tons of free press. The second they go out there is a media press release At Apple.com. Has anyone bothered to check? NO! because it's not happening. MacCentral, MacNN, MacWiorld, L.A. Times, NY Times, C/NET, and more all would have reported it.

This is like the most ridiculous fraud I've seen yet. It's a fraud that you can actually fact check.

Unless of course Apple actually had a release at Apple.com. http://www.apple.com/pr/

Which they don't.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

The second they go out there is a media press release At Apple.com.

Though to be fair I didn't see the MWSF announced at Apple.com either, but I don't know if that is just business as usual.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zandros

Though to be fair I didn't see the MWSF announced at Apple.com either, but I don't know if that is just business as usual.

MWSF is hardly a press invitation. But you can already look at the dates for MWSF 2007, So do you think Apple actually needs to release one?

MWSF 2007 is slated to run Jan. 8-12 in San Francisco, while CES 2007 is scheduled for Jan. 8-11 in Las Vegas.

This was known the day after MWSF 2006. But if you realize that MWSF is slated the second week of January every year it's not that hard to figure out. CES is probably going to change theirs because MWSF has always run the second week in January, CES changed theirs for who knows why, but I'm pretty sure they will reschedule.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

But if you realize that MWSF is slated the second week of January every year it's not that hard to figure out.

Yes, I know, I just thought it odd that there was no mention of it on the site. At least no highly visible mention. But perhaps ordinary consumers wouldn't want to know in any case.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    okay...

applemax you're very fast

6 minutes between mac creatives post on apple nova and your post here...

[edit] ah, brad locked the thread half a hour ago [/edit]
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Damn student pricing on photoshop!

lesson 1 create a promotional flyer using photoshop

lesson due 2/22/06

Ok move on to lesson 2 already....