IChat

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm having difficulty signing into iChat using my aol account. It seems to work on my iMac, but whenever I try to log in with my powerbook it keeps asking me to enter my password repeatedly.

Can somebody provide a solution?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Muchisgiven

I'm having difficulty signing into iChat using my aol account. It seems to work on my iMac, but whenever I try to log in with my powerbook it keeps asking me to enter my password repeatedly.

Can somebody provide a solution?

Make sure whenever you use your password, the little box that says "remember in keychain" is checked. That was you don't have to enter it every time. You may have to do a permissions repair and restart after you've done that ... you know ... just for good measure.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    Speaking of iChat... is there a way to have the messages in anyhting else besides a text bubble... i think that that is annoying
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cato988

Speaking of iChat... is there a way to have the messages in anyhting else besides a text bubble... i think that that is annoying

I don't think there is any other way to do it. If you go to a clear bubble and a black test, it isn't so glaringly obvious. Also, I know this doesn't help DURING the chat, but if you save it as a PDF, it shows up in a very nice format without text bubbles.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Muchisgiven, don't post a new thread, just reply in this one...

Okay, you might try dragging the plist file for iChat to the desktop and starting over. Go to ~/library/preferences/apple.com.ichat.plist (~ is your users folder) and drag it to the desktop. Logout and log back in, then open iChat and set up your account. (You'll have to enter your screen name and password this time, and make sure "add to keychain" is selected whenever it appears). It should log you on and show you what you're used to. When it finishes logging you on, quit iChat and then try to open it again. Let me know what happens...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Okay thanks...I realized that I made a mistake with posting a new topic..thanks I'll try that