Cheapest Educational Discount?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi there,

I remember checking out a few threads here at AI and, occasionally, someone would pop up and mention that their educational discount allowed them to purchase such and such software for a crazy cheap price. I'm over here at East Carolina University in NC and ready to purchase Adobe's Design package. MSRP: $999. Educational price: $289. Has anyone found a better price on Adobe packages such as this? And, if so, how can I get it at that price (legally, I might add)? Oh, and no fair mentioning that professors can get them for free (or $20, at some places); I want the manuals and boxes for myself and these free instructor versions don't come with them.

Thanks in advance,

Gamrin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Where did you find that price? I would get that too...which I can. Link man...link!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gamringamrin Posts: 114member
    Walk into any college campus student store, go to the software section, tell them what you're looking for and ask them what the cost will be with the education discount. Depending on the college, you may be required to show your college ID in order to be allowed to purchase the software.

At ECU, they said that the student version of the Design collection would cost $389, I believe. I was wrong about the price in my initial post. Still, more than 50% off is a sweet deal. I'm going to be ordering it very soon.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    That's about right for the educational version. There's sites online that deal exclusively in educational version software, the one I know of is <a href="http://www.journeyed.com"; target="_blank">www.journeyed.com</a>

Journeyed sells the design collection for $399, so the price at your school is about right. Whenever you want to buy software, just check Journeyed to see if it's any cheaper or around the same price. Educational software rocks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    [quote]Originally posted by Gamrin:

<strong>Hi there,

Adobe's Design package. MSRP: $999. Educational price: $289. Has anyone found a better price on Adobe packages such as this? And, if so, how can I get it at that price (legally, I might add)? I want the manuals and boxes for myself and these free instructor versions don't come with them.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I just got it. At that price. Comes with manuals and everything - full versions. Free upgrade to Photoshop 7.

Any college bookstore with ID should be able to get it. Check Apple/Education for the prices.