Telnet Questions...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am running 10.4.4 and a friend of mine is trying to get me to log on to a MUD. I tried to use the Terminal app to Telnet in. It logged in but wouldn't get passed the first page. Should I use another program? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Beowulf

I am running 10.4.4 and a friend of mine is trying to get me to log on to a MUD. I tried to use the Terminal app to Telnet in. It logged in but wouldn't get passed the first page. Should I use another program? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

FreeBSD is standard telnet, so maybe there is some keystroke you are missing.

What do you mean it won't get past the first page?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I would recommend using ssh rather than telnet. It's a more secure protocol and encrypts your password rather than sending it in the clear. I haven't used telnet to remote login in years.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Thanks for all the help! This is basically an online text only game. So, there isn't anything that is of sensitive nature that is being broadcasted. Anyway, I think I'm a moron because I think I figured it out. For some reason all I had to do was change the display to white on black text and everything worked! Duh! But thanks again for all your help!