Best Email Client

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
EXCLUDE Mail and Thunderbird what is the best

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 9
    Mail.app is the best followed by Thunderbird.



    Okay, why would you exclude them if you already know they are very good? You shouldn't exclude them if you are looking for the best mail client.



    Anyway, i have never used it but i have heard okay things about entourage. I really do not know because, like i said, i never used it.



    Opera (the web browser which is now free) also has a mail client but, like entourage, i have never used it.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Um, barring the two you excluded, open up the Terminal and type "man mail". And, no, "woman mail" is not an option.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,219member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Jwink3101

    Mail.app is the best followed by Thunderbird.



    Okay, why would you exclude them if you already know they are very good? You shouldn't exclude them if you are looking for the best mail client.



    Anyway, i have never used it but i have heard okay things about entourage. I really do not know because, like i said, i never used it.



    Opera (the web browser which is now free) also has a mail client but, like entourage, i have never used it.




    Just because Entourage 2004 is a big, bloated, fee-based application from Microsoft, don't make the mistake of thinking that it is any good. It gives more people more trouble than any other mail client on the Mac.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Mr. Me

    Just because Entourage 2004 is a big, bloated, fee-based application from Microsoft, don't make the mistake of thinking that it is any good. It gives more people more trouble than any other mail client on the Mac.



    Agreed ... I tried moving my Grandparents to it from Outlook Express when they switched from Windows to a Mac Mini, it was a horrible experience. You're MUCH, MUCH better off using thunderbird or mail. The difference in the two is in the layout. I use mail because I like the simplicity, but I think people that have recently switched may find it easier to use Thunderbird.



    To the original poster ... why DID you want us to exclude Mail and Thunderbird?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Mr. Me

    Just because Entourage 2004 is a big, bloated, fee-based application from Microsoft, don't make the mistake of thinking that it is any good. It gives more people more trouble than any other mail client on the Mac.



    A friend of mine has had his iMac in for repairs so many times, it turns out it's Entourage being the problem, since it's a software problem it's not covered on the warranty. I remember when he got his iMac, he specifically wanted it for newsgroups.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by wgauvin

    A friend of mine has had his iMac in for repairs so many times, it turns out it's Entourage being the problem, since it's a software problem it's not covered on the warranty. I remember when he got his iMac, he specifically wanted it for newsgroups.



    He wanted his iMac specifically for newsgroups? If he is using Entourage for newsgroups, introduce him to Unison. It's a really good Usenet app (and I believe that it's 100% Cocoa as well).
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

    Originally posted by pyr3

    He wanted his iMac specifically for newsgroups? If he is using Entourage for newsgroups, introduce him to Unison. It's a really good Usenet app (and I believe that it's 100% Cocoa as well).



    His iMac was a 40th b'day present from his partner. He was using an old eMac before, and has been using Entourage for a while. Well he isn't very computer literate, so getting to learn the ways of Mail.app or Thunderbird would be just crazy. Though I do remember a mutal friend, who has been using Macs since the 80's, telling the friend off for using Entourage for newsgroups.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Mr. Me

    Just because Entourage 2004 is a big, bloated, fee-based application from Microsoft, don't make the mistake of thinking that it is any good. It gives more people more trouble than any other mail client on the Mac.



    Like i said in my original comment, i never used it before but i have heard that is it okay.



    I personally use Mail.app when i am on my mac and thunderbird for windows
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    I'm a little late jumping in on this topic, but what the hey, better late than never?



    I use Mail.app on my iBook - but I have a dream - on my windows desktop, I use "IncrediMail," my dream is to someday have a version of "IncrediMail" for OS X! On my iBook at the moment though, Mail.app is the best I've found, and I've tried a lot of em, a 'few' come close, but for now I'm sticking with Apple's supplied email client ...
Sign In or Register to comment.