Has Apple released a battery runtime for the MBP's yet?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has Apple not released the battery life for the new Mac Book Pro's yet, officially?

I know they said about the same as the PBG4's but enough is enough. Post it up already...

Maybe it is a shocker (6+ hours) and they want to surprise everyone when they hit the door step.

Forgive me if this has already been posted and I appear like an idiot for asking...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

[B]Maybe it is a shocker (6+ hours) and they want to surprise everyone when they hit the door step./B]

I highly doubt that. I just went to CompUSA today to check out some x86 Core Duo laptops, and they're not as cool running as one would think. Sure, they have been on the entire day, but they haven't been doing anything especially taxing to the CPU/GPU/HD either.

I'm talking about high-end aluminum laptops with a dedicated GPU and 1GB+ RAM, not some $499 cheap thing with 256MB of RAM constantly paging.

They're good performers, but I'm not so sure they're equally good on the battery front.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

I highly doubt that. I just went to CompUSA today to check out some x86 Core Duo laptops, and they're not as cool running as one would think. Sure, they have been on the entire day, but they haven't been doing anything especially taxing to the CPU/GPU/HD either.

I'm talking about high-end aluminum laptops with a dedicated GPU and 1GB+ RAM, not some $499 cheap thing with 256MB of RAM constantly paging.

They're good performers, but I'm not so sure they're equally good on the battery front.

I wish you wouldn't have told me they are at CompUSA's. Now I have to drive 30 minutes to see if my CompUSA has any in stock... Not too mention I want one pretty dang bad and thought I had no hopes of getting one before my trip next week across country. Dang you Gene, dang you ...

Interesting comments on the heat...

Still, why has Apple dismissed the battery life on these monsters? REACT to me!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    He's talking about Windows x86 Core Duo laptops. And if they have a dedicated graphics chip that's going to impact the heat and battery life.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Most people believe the battery life is not posted because Apple was (and is) still working on that.

I imagine they're still doing tests, even now.

But don't worry about it. SJ said the battery life will be about the same as the PB's, so that's about four hours+ real world. Which is perfectly fine.