Ordered Macbook Pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey. I just bought my first mac computer ever. MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz. I've been following apple for some time but finally decided it was the right time to buy. Plus I needed a laptop this spring for school.

Well does anyone know when mircosofts coming out with universal binary for office?

My only gripe is that I read that the isight wont even work with windows? sounds pretty useless to me. anyone know if thers a plugin or somethign so videochat with my windows buddies?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Blascock

Hey. I just bought my first mac computer ever. MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz. I've been following apple for some time but finally decided it was the right time to buy. Plus I needed a laptop this spring for school.

Well does anyone know when mircosofts coming out with universal binary for office?

My only gripe is that I read that the isight wont even work with windows? sounds pretty useless to me. anyone know if thers a plugin or somethign so videochat with my windows buddies?

Thanks

Congrats - and welcome to the enlightened side

Using the non-universal binary office will be fine performance wise under rosetta.

RE the isight - I think you should be able to get a mac yahoo messenger acount that will enable you to conference with windows friends!!

Enjoy!!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Recent versions of AIM for Windows should allow you to video conference.

--> Stephen