Mac has Gremlins - HELP!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
OK, not a major problem - just damn annoying.

Something happened to my Dual 2.7 and I don't know what. All of a sudden it seems that the mouse button is always clicking! How do I describe it?

when you apple/tab to change applications - the selector won't stay still.

when i open an application like indesign - the scroll bars just move by themselves. this doesn't happen in safari though - why? i dunno!

i just put my mouse cursor over my itunes volume control - it moves down by itself. WOW!

i've switched off mouse and keyboard - plugged in another usb mouse and same thing happens. so i don't think it's an input problem.

i'm stuck! so any help would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Anything installed that has an "autoscroll" function? Third-party mouse Prefs panel, etc?

Also check Universal Access prefpane to make sure all of the mouse-control stuff is turned off.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    just fixed it guys

turned on my firewall - yes yes - it should always be on. don't know why it was affecting my mac like that.

maybe someone was hacking in LOL

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Open System Preferences, click on Sharing. Is Apple Remote Desktop enabled? Do you actually see the mouse move without any input from you?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

Open System Preferences, click on Sharing. Is Apple Remote Desktop enabled? Do you actually see the mouse move without any input from you?

Good point there, fahlman. If someone has his password and is remotely getting in via ARD, then he needs to change his login password ASAP.