iMac and iBook (nomenclature)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I reckon the iMac and iBook names will stick...just cause they lack the "Power" prefix.

I also think the 12" Powerbook will be dropped for a 13.3" widescreen MacBook Pro model, to give consumers that extra nudge to get a MacBook instead of an iBook.

So we'll have:

2 iMacs (big surprise)

2 iBooks.... 12" and maybe 14" non-widescreen models.

3 MacBooks

3 MacTowers

Personally im waiting for a "chinless" iMac before i buy one. i seriously stretching the life of my 4 yr old TiPBG4 now, but i'd rather wait for the upgraded design or the second revision of the intel iMacs.

I'll step out on a limb and make the following predictions for April 1st:

-true video iPod.(widescreen w/ touch screen)

-iBook (intels)

-13.3" and 17" MacBook

-upgraded design for iMacs (same specs)

Which will leave the PowerMacs, Mac minis and eMacs to be upgraded in September-ish....or WWDC in May.

i think the eMacs should be available only to education buyers now. And it should be a 15" FP iMac.

Discuss.

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I started a predictions thread here:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=61263

I could be wrong but that's what i think.

i also think it'll be called "imacbook" but i could be wrong.

But i think it'd fit.

We'd have:

Consumer

imac

imacbook

Professional

Mac Pro

Macbook Pro

just my quess.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    'imacbook' sounds like shit. and the ibook is not really spec'ed out like the imac, but was generally more along the lines of the mac mini.

anyway..whatever. who really cares? but imacbook sounds like shit.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I do like that chinless iMac idea. If they do that, I am liable to upgrade my G5 20" G5 1st gen. to an intel.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I've said this a few times before, but this is what the product line will look like (like it or not):

MacMini

iMac (or just Mac, I'm not sure...)

MacBook

MacBook Pro

Mac Pro

I'll bet my house on it.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    After having had a 20" iMac (different iterations thereof) for 8 months now, I have to say I like the look of the big chin better than the cinema displays. When I see the cinema displays and the same bezel all the way around, it looks weird. I like the way the chin on it is a small reminder of the face of the original iMac.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by peter_l

I've said this a few times before, but this is what the product line will look like (like it or not):

MacMini

iMac (or just Mac, I'm not sure...)

MacBook

MacBook Pro

Mac Pro

I'll bet my house on it.

What about the eMac? I know that there is an entire thread about this, but does anyone think that Apple will come back with an Intel based eMac? I am not aware of how well they sold origionally, but it seems like they were more cost effective for the EDU market than the iMac of recent years. Just curious...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

When I see the cinema displays and the same bezel all the way around, it looks weird. I like the way the chin on it is a small reminder of the face of the original iMac.

Really? I like the look of both. We both know, however, that Apple has better designs in the works for both the iMac and the Cinema Displays. I theorize that getting everything over to Intel is first priority...new and cutting edge industrial design will come (in my estimation) for the start of 2007.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Really? I like the look of both. We both know, however, that Apple has better designs in the works for both the iMac and the Cinema Displays. I theorize that getting everything over to Intel is first priority...new and cutting edge industrial design will come (in my estimation) for the start of 2007.

I whole heartedly agree. They will make the switch to Intel first, then start totally revamping everything in '07. Just look at the Intel iMac and the MacBook Pro. Neither one got a huge overhaul.