Whats up with 13.3?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was just wondering where the 13.3" screen idea came from. There have been a lot of threads saying that the new iBook(MacBook) might sport a 13.3" display, but I have never heard anyone say where this idea came from...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Simple: it's a common form factor. Therefore, panels will be cheap and in ample supply.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

I was just wondering where the 13.3" screen idea came from. There have been a lot of threads saying that the new iBook(MacBook) might sport a 13.3" display, but I have never heard anyone say where this idea came from...

Good question, actually.

The first who I saw mentioning it, was Think Secret back in november 05 iirc.

They expected iBook 13.3" and Frontrow Mac mini at mwsf06.

We know now what came out of that: MacBook Pro and iMac.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

Many of us crave for that laptop, there is the VAIO like.. but it doesn't have Mac OS X installed... So instead of pray we post here on Appleinsider hoping for a miracle to happen.

Pray with us!!!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    But wouldn't it be better if they went with a 14" widescreen like the little laptop that HP makes? Would those screens be in big enough supply? Oh! I wonder if they will keep the 12" and change the 14" to a widescreen format!?! That would be cool...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

But wouldn't it be better if they went with a 14" widescreen like the little laptop that HP makes? Would those screens be in big enough supply? Oh! I wonder if they will keep the 12" and change the 14" to a widescreen format!?! That would be cool...

That would be awesome too. There is the iBook 12" already, I guess that's why many of us (travellers)? are craving for the widescreen on the small factor 11.1" or 13.3" but I doubt Apple doing it.. @ least not this year..

I hope I'm wrong & as early as April we'll have those sizes...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I was surfing the net & landed here:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs

Check it out, DELL is offering a 12.1" Widescreen laptops.. I guess is what we want from APPLE.. right?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zenga

I was surfing the net & landed here:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs

Check it out, DELL is offering a 12.1" Widescreen laptops.. I guess is what we want from APPLE.. right?

I would like to see the 12.1" Widescreen on the smaller iBook and a 14" widescreen like the one I saw on a HP laptop the other day. This would keep both of the sizes and would give everyone the widescreen love. This is what I hope they do... We shall see...