Does This Mean New iMacs Soon?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The price cuts may make way for Intel's 2.33GHz Core Duo processor, dubbed the T2700, to take over the $632 price-point. The chip is expected to debut in the third calendar quarter of the year, about a month or so following the price cuts to the existing Core Duo chips.

So they are cutting prices of the new processors that are in the new iMacs and MacBook Pros. So what are the chances of a new iMac???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Well, it depends on whether you feel the third quarter of this year is "soon".
  • Reply 2 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I have this vague memory of Apple releasing new iMacs just a few weeks ago. Is it just me?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

The price cuts may make way for Intel's 2.33GHz Core Duo processor, dubbed the T2700, to take over the $632 price-point. The chip is expected to debut in the third calendar quarter of the year, about a month or so following the price cuts to the existing Core Duo chips.

So they are cutting prices of the new processors that are in the new iMacs and MacBook Pros. So what are the chances of a new iMac???

What about a dual dual core Mac Pro? I doubt you will see a new Rev in the iMac until the PowerMac/Mac Pro is released.