flash drive

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hey,

i have been using a san disk 256mb flash drive with my iMac G5 for a while and all of a suddent my computer isnt recognizing it. do you think there is something wrong with the flash drive for the computer? if it is the computer, how would i go about fixing this problem or finding out if it even is the computers problem?

thanks!

-matt

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by mbG5

hey,

i have been using a san disk 256mb flash drive with my iMac G5 for a while and all of a suddent my computer isnt recognizing it. do you think there is something wrong with the flash drive for the computer? if it is the computer, how would i go about fixing this problem or finding out if it even is the computers problem?

thanks!

-matt

probably the flash drive. a lot of those things are made very cheaply. I have gone through 2 flash drives, 1 attache drive and 1 comp usa drive. I spent a little more on a quality drive and it has been running good for nearly a year.

Try and plug it into a PC and see if you can even see the drive or re-format it. If not, it is almost certainly the drive. Hope you bought it recently or have a warranty.