RSS Visualizer background problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi there,

I have a iBook G4 800 with 640Mb.

When i load my RSS Visualizer Screen Saver the background does not show a pretty blue & white moving cloudy pattern. Instead it shows a flat blue background with a few black dots moving randomly around.

I have checked some discussions over at Apple support and there are people who are having similar problems (the only 'fix' seems to be to re-install)

My little iBook does not support Core Image but it does support Quartz Extreme which is all i thought the RSS Visualizer needs to run properly.

The streaming rss feeds work fine its just the background not appearing properly that is beginning to bug me.

Help.....any suggestions would be appreciated.

(i have tried using a different user, deleting quicktime, safari & system prefs and installed 10.4.5)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by youngjohn

My little iBook does not support Core Image but it does support Quartz Extreme which is all i thought the RSS Visualizer needs to run properly.

You mean the other way around? Do you have QE activated? Maybe try disabling it?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I've checked on many other macs around the office and the screen saver works perfectly on all of them (a mixture of quicksilver G4s, all kinds of G5's, 1 powerbook and a couple of imacs) with the exception of a mac mini - which also shows the boring blue backgound and black dots instead of the clouds.

When i check "About this Mac" they all supported Quartz Extreme (just like my ibook) but only a few of them support Core Image.

So from this little excerise i've worked out that the RSS Visualizer does not need Core Image to run. Which has only confused me more.

Maybe it needs a specfic Graphics Card - one that my ibook G4 800 and the Mac mini do not have.

Can anyone with an iBook like mine or a mac mini either confirm or deny how well the rss visualizer runs on their machines?.....

thanks peoples.