iphoto 1.1

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
a heck of a lot more features... and good ones too. can you think of any other ways they could make it even simpler?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    iPhoto 1.1.1 is now out for download

<a href="http://www.apple.com/iphoto/download/"; target="_blank">web page</a>

[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 9
    greyisgoodgreyisgood Posts: 53member
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>iPhoto 1.1.1 is now out for download[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

thanks big guy... but i know that already. my point was... how could they make the next version even simpler... if that's even possible.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Kodak PhotoCD or Kodak Picture CD burn option.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    thanks for calling me "big guy"....takes me back to the days before the horrible accident where i got my nickname...an event that should not be mentioned in mixed company....

nah, just yanking your chain, and bumping this post up.....

i love the new export features (photo directly to email, homepage, desktop)....iphoto 1.1.1 really feels like a more complete program now, and probably should have been the first release....

like slideshow too, perhaps easier setup to export slide show to quicktime.....

did anybody else notice that export to homepage and iDisk is much faster with iPhoto 1.1.1 than iPhoto 1?? still too slow on my 56k phone line (cable is suppose to be here in july....but i ain't holding my breath), but at least 3 to 4 times faster than it was before....the first two time i transfered anything to iDisk i thought my machine froze up on me...but it was just that iDisk is so freakin slow....can't wait for 10.2/10.5....it will be nice when iDisk is at a usable speed....

improvements---can add aqua interface as an option to the brushed metal look....

but overall i like the upgrade alot....and thanks to the gentleman who made the entourage patch.....may move to mail with 10.2/10.5, but staying with entourage till then and the patch is great.....g
  • Reply 5 of 9
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Making a picture homepage is VERY fast now. Much better than copying the files to iDisk first then go to apple.com/itools etc.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    nosariousnosarious Posts: 49member
    Unfortunately the pdf creation process still rotates the page 90 degrees to the right... Not the best way of creating a virtual book...

The (unfortunate) Gelding said

improvements---can add aqua interface as an option to the brushed metal look....

What? You can change it? Where?

Gordy said

Kodak PhotoCD or Kodak Picture CD burn option.

Is this buried in there somewhere, or is that a (not too unrealistic) wish?

Personally I think it would be easier for newbies if they incorporated a backup feature within the program instead of going to root/user/(your name here)/pictures/iphoto library and hoping the whole mess fits on a cd. To me that is way too complicated and hardly intuitive.

And then there are the still limited book formats and limited number of keywords. And the speed, or lack thereof (click on a picture... wait... click on 'book' wait a bit longer... move a photo... wait some more... try editing it... wait again...)

Come on guys. There were a bunch of good ideas floating around three months ago when the first version came out. Where are those suggestions now?

nosarios
  • Reply 7 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The two big improvements I would make to iPhoto are:

1. custom cropping presets. Either that or an option to crop to 11"x14" nevermind using international paper standards (A4, etc.)

2. Instead of contrast and brightness control, a way to correct exposures. Most average photographers will have photos where they have silhouetted foregrounds, washed out skies, etc. Creating a new process where you can try to balance the exposure, draw out detail or fix shadows, a kind of auto-levels algorithm would be a big boon to folks who just take family vacation photos and who aren't exactly in complete control of their camera's exposure settings.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I wish iPhoto could use CD's like itunes does, so that I don't have to store my photos on my HDD.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    nosariousnosarious Posts: 49member
    What a great idea! I remember the Zip tools (when I actually used a Zip drive) had a neat little feature where you put a zip disk in the drive, and it would read all the files. Then you could search for a specific file on the database and know which disk it was on.

Now, something like that, utilizing keywords and displaying a thumbnail so you could be sure of the shot, and letting you know which one of your many cd's the photo is on, would be a tremendous asset to iPhoto's usability.

Or incorporating the linking of another program to perform the function, since Apple seems to have gone out of the business of reinventing the wheel... much like pixelenhance. (I would prefer it to be part of iPhoto, though, since I cannot stand the hassels between address book and mail...)