My Predictions for next week

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
This may sound jaded but here it goes.

1) I bought 20th Anniversary Mac in 1998 and they discontinued it 3 months later.

2) I bought iPod 3G 1 week before they launched iPod Photo with color screen.

3) I bought an iMac G5 w/isight, 30 days later they launch with Intel.

4) I buy FM module for iPod for $60, 3 weeks later they launch their own FM built into iPod for $50.

5) I buy Tivo 2 for Christmas, paid for yearly service last week thinking I would have it for at least 2 years, find out on Feb 4 Tivo FINALLY updates Tivo Desktop for Tiger -so.........

My bad luck, and money, are betting on Apple DVR. lol

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geobe

1) I bought 20th Anniversary Mac in 1998 and they discontinued it 3 months later.

4) I buy FM module for iPod for $60, 3 weeks later they launch their own FM built into iPod for $50.

5) I buy Tivo 2 for Christmas, paid for yearly service last week thinking I would have it for at least 2 years, find out on Feb 4 Tivo FINALLY updates Tivo Desktop for Tiger -so.........

Side the whole Tivo thing... Weren't most (if not all?) of those things announced at major Apple Expos?

Everyone knows not to buy anything less than 2-3 months prior to an expo. =\\

- Xidius
  • Reply 2 of 2
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geobe

1) Wow, you actually bought that thing, it was an unfolded pb3400 on a stand.

2) How could you buy an iPod 3G 1 week before the iPod photo launch and whine? you should have gotten that iPod almost for free since the 4G was out since july 04.

3) Someone like you, as a real seniormember on these forums, should know that you never, ever buy something Apple-ish in december.

Especially not an iMac when Appleinsider warned for an mwsf06 update of said iMac and Powerbook 15", in november.

4) Didn't see that coming either but the remote part of the FM-remote was expected.

5) what is a Tivo?

Save your money and only buy hightech the moment Apple introduces it.

Don't believe the revA bug FUD. All my Macs and iPods are revA and never been bugged.

My expectations for next week special event are not that high:

Something iPoddish, at least that's the only fun thing i can think of

No souped up Mac mini. This is the lowest end of apple's product matrix.

If the fun comes to the Mac mini, it will be closer to a $ 1,000 than a $500 price point.