in General Discussion edited January 2014
Got to love this one!

So go the Disney buying Apple rumors.

Apple could bid for Disney: Barron's

Quote:

Apple could bid for Disney: Barron's

By Greg Morcroft, MarketWatch

Last Update: 12:07 PM ET Feb 25, 2006

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Barron's on Saturday said it's possible that Apple could make a bid to buyout Disney after CEO Steve Jobs becomes the legendary entertainment firm's largest shareholder.

Jobs, who is the CEO of computer animation business Pixar (PIXR) as well as Apple (AAPL) , will own 7% of Disney (DIS) after that firm's agreement to acquire the maker of movies like Toy Story and Finding Nemo.

"I think he has an open option," Barron's quoted analyst Christopher Whalen, a New York-based managing director of Institutional Risk Analytics. "Disney is badly undervalued right now. Jobs might get an opportunity to take it out."

Whalen argues that Jobs' unique familiarity with both the content and technolgy sides of Hollywood make the case for a bid more compelling.

"The markets and Disney shareholders would welcome a merger led by their apparent savior, Steve Jobs," Whalen concluded.

or maybe

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Well this leaves way for a new character in the Disney group... Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Daisy and now APPLE the windows slayer... jajajaja (j/k) :lol

In reality I wouldn't be that surprised... could this be perhaps the fun little secret to be announced on tuesday? (I doubt it but it's fun to speculate)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mbg5mbg5 Posts: 36member
    earPod? haha