idvd 6 and video

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi i hope some one can help me with this problem i made a movie from dv camcorder on imovie 6 and burned it to dvd with idvd 6 it runs fine when i place the dvd in a computer but when i put it in my home dvd player bits of it are jumpy and it freezes in some areas. anything i can do to stop this??

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    I would look at the timecodes in the movie file. There are programs to fix timecode breaks - not sure if imovie has an option itself but the program MPEG Streamclip has an option to fix timecode breaks.

Also, never burn straight to DVD from idvd. Always burn to a disk image if your HD space will allow it and then burn using Toast or Disk Utility.

Also, I wouldn't add audio tracks or what not in idvd. I tried to make a photo slideshow directly in idvd and it stuttered and jumped in a DVD player too despite playing OK on the computer. It was the adding of the audio track that did it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    gino sgino s Posts: 1member
    Quote:

Originally posted by syno

Hi i hope some one can help me with this problem i made a movie from dv camcorder on imovie 6 and burned it to dvd with idvd 6 it runs fine when i place the dvd in a computer but when i put it in my home dvd player bits of it are jumpy and it freezes in some areas. anything i can do to stop this??

thanks

Hi Syno,

I had the same problem and here is my solution: I changed the brand of disk to Verbatim -R and burned the project to a desktop image with best quality setting and when I burned it to a disk I did so at 2x rather than a higher speed. Try it and let me know if this works.

Gino