Happy Mardi Gras from the Big Easy!

rokrok
Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
hey folks, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mardi Gras. The spirit this weekend downtown and uptown was something I was really happy to see. The drunken debauchery was at a minimum, while the streets were still full and families of people milled around Canal Street and took in a whole bunch of fun today. Really, you could feel it in the air. Sure, the hard work continues tomorrow, but people had an energy and friendliness this year that I haven't seen in a long, long time.

If you came down for Mardi Gras because of the debauchery and nudity and drunkeness, well, you would've felt disappointed, I guess. But sll sorts of people, and all classes, ethnicities and religions were out in force, respectfuly, polite, and, by and large, happy, at least for a little while. No one has forgotten what has happened. You'd have to be an idiot to forget. But perhaps it was a recognition of each other, a Mardi Gras for each other, and a realization that we can see each other, and for the first time in six months, not lead a conversation with "so where did you evacuate to?"

All the best, folks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Hear Hear...

Happy Mardi Gras from Biloxi!

The mood here is very empowering as well. Everyone is happy and full of life.

Didn't make it over to the quarter this year for any parades - but I am glad ya'll are doing better.

• Reply 2 of 2
    Happy Mardi Gras? How about Happy Pancake Day!