my nano's screen was broken

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I cant say if it's too frigile or my fault of being careless. I want to send it to apple to fix it, but i head a news that apple repaires ipod for free when it's about the screen.

does anyone here know any more detailed info about this issue?

thank you for answering in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Did you crack it, or what?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Did you crack it, or what?

I did.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    There really isn't any point asking here. Apple is the only place where you can really get an answer so pick up the phone and call them or stop by an Apple store.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    You probably will be able to get it replaced, but since we're way past the 1st run of nanos, they may not do it.

My nano shows weird rainbowing at the bottom 1/3 of the screen if tilted in the sunlight with the backlight off. But with the backlight on it goes away and doesn't really cause major problems. The rainbowing reminds me of pushing the LCD on pocket calculators and watching the LCD panel get all weird.

Anyhoo, probably won't do anything about it. I'll show it to a genius the next time I'm at an Apple store with time to blow, but otherwise I'm not gonna worry about it.

Either way, I love my nano!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    fooeyfooey Posts: 52member
    if it is the actual screen itself then it will get replaced. But if it is the screen protecter on top then it probably wont.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by fooey

if it is the actual screen itself then it will get replaced. But if it is the screen protecter on top then it probably wont.

mine nano is actually dead, it doesnt work at all even when I connect it to the computer!! that's the thing, I need to worry about it, untill now, I still cant love it.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    May I inquire as to the cause of death? I have dropped mine many times and, like the Duracell Bunny, it keeps on running. What did you do to it?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bergermeister

May I inquire as to the cause of death? I have dropped mine many times and, like the Duracell Bunny, it keeps on running. What did you do to it?

it was on the floor, I stepped on it, but it's actually flat there, shouldnt be that bad, and I moved right away!

anyway, I wanna know how to fix it, and what's the process
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynanodied

it was on the floor, I stepped on it, but it's actually flat there, shouldnt be that bad, and I moved right away!

anyway, I wanna know how to fix it, and what's the process

Umm, go to the Apple store and talk to a Genius or call Apple's support line / AppleCare and try and get the unit replaced. I wouldn't recommend telling them that you stepped on it though.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bergermeister

Since my nano is inside a nano tube, I toss the sucker all over the place and am not worried at all. I would never treat my mini so carelessly though since it has moving parts.