Apple Product Line Up!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is there any other PC company that offers anyware near what Apple is offering? Have you noticed that althogh there aren't many configurations other than adding more ram, hdd, video card, etc... Apple is selling like crazy & lost of us only buy from them...

Why is this?

For me is simple, everytime i visit a PC manufacturer wether is DELL, HP or SONY I get confused & annoied of all the products they have, because they all mostly named by numbers.. is crazy to choose from the.. @ least for me!

Apple gives me a simple way to choose that doesn't confuses me and nobody and I mean nobody has a better explanation of what's inside a product like Apple (I'm talking PC business) and not only technical but also visually.

I get what they are offering ALWAYS!

Care to share your thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I buy Apple for the OS and the software.

A person could get a more powerful machine, with more cutting edge technology for a cheaper price... but it wouldn't be able to run OSX.

Apple's harware is merely a platform to showcase it's awesomely simple and integrated software (talking consumer level stuff here, I know little of the pro apps). Ultimately, the software is whate we "use".
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I dont know really, I just switched a week ago with buying an iBook G4. OS X is simply amazing, I'm only using Panther so have still to experience the new features in Tiger , the operating system is far, far, far superior to anything Microsoft have ever produced.

Some could argue that the hardware side of Apple is overpriced, but personally I dont think so, my old laptop, a HP Pavillion, is no where near as good as my new iBook. The build quality just doesnt come close, the screen wobbles, keys have fallen off, the size is HUGE compared to my iBook. You can just tell there has been so much more effort been put into the hardware side of things aswell as the software.

Also, I know the technical specs of Apple computers compared to Dell, HP or Sonys price range of laptops arent as good, but that is because OS X isnt as hardware hungry compared to Windows XP. My old laptop (Windows) has 1GB of RAM and regulary struggles with multiple tasks opening / closing at the same time, with video / audio editing or anything else that requires a lot of resources, but my iBook with only 512MB can easily handle any amount of tasks I through at it, and even comparing the loading times with Photoshop is outstanding.

Apple users - stop taking things for granted!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    For me it is the integration of OS X, Apple's iLife software, and Apple's hardware that makes it worth the while (and extra money). I use PeeCees at work and Macs at home. I personally think Apple has an incredible lead over MS with OS X as far as quality, stability, and usability go.

On the hardware side, my Apple products ALL seem to have a much better fit, finish, and design than anything on the PeeCee side. I have a Powerbook at home and use an HP laptop at work. The difference in quality is night and day. My Powerbook feels solid, sturdy, and reliable. The plastic parts and overall finish on the HP laptop make it feel "cheaper" than Apple's products. The Powerbook's hinge feels stronger. The HP's optical tray seems like one more thing I have to be careful not to break. The Powerbook is thin and compact, yet solid. The HP is thick, heavy, and a little fragile.

You really do get what you pay for. I'm okay spending $40 on a pair of Levi's jeans because I know they're going to be better quality than the $15 off brand at Walmart. I'm okay spending a couple hundred more on a Mac because I know it won't be obsolete or broken in a week.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

Originally posted by smclintock

I dont know really, I just switched a week ago with buying an iBook G4. OS X is simply amazing, I'm only using Panther so have still to experience the new features in Tiger , the operating system is far, far, far superior to anything Microsoft have ever produced.

Some could argue that the hardware side of Apple is overpriced, but personally I dont think so, my old laptop, a HP Pavillion, is no where near as good as my new iBook. The build quality just doesnt come close, the screen wobbles, keys have fallen off, the size is HUGE compared to my iBook. You can just tell there has been so much more effort been put into the hardware side of things aswell as the software.

Also, I know the technical specs of Apple computers compared to Dell, HP or Sonys price range of laptops arent as good, but that is because OS X isnt as hardware hungry compared to Windows XP. My old laptop (Windows) has 1GB of RAM and regulary struggles with multiple tasks opening / closing at the same time, with video / audio editing or anything else that requires a lot of resources, but my iBook with only 512MB can easily handle any amount of tasks I through at it, and even comparing the loading times with Photoshop is outstanding.

welcome to the mac os experience..!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

For me it is the integration of OS X, Apple's iLife software, and Apple's hardware that makes it worth the while (and extra money). I use PeeCees at work and Macs at home. I personally think Apple has an incredible lead over MS with OS X as far as quality, stability, and usability go.

On the hardware side, my Apple products ALL seem to have a much better fit, finish, and design than anything on the PeeCee side. I have a Powerbook at home and use an HP laptop at work. The difference in quality is night and day. My Powerbook feels solid, sturdy, and reliable. The plastic parts and overall finish on the HP laptop make it feel "cheaper" than Apple's products. The Powerbook's hinge feels stronger. The HP's optical tray seems like one more thing I have to be careful not to break. The Powerbook is thin and compact, yet solid. The HP is thick, heavy, and a little fragile.

You really do get what you pay for. I'm okay spending $40 on a pair of Levi's jeans because I know they're going to be better quality than the $15 off brand at Walmart. I'm okay spending a couple hundred more on a Mac because I know it won't be obsolete or broken in a week.

Thank you for this post..!

I have the same feeling everyday.. My iMac is just "perfect" I love it, it gets my work done, I have tons of photos & video & it just works.. All the Peecees taht I have used.. there just that PCs. Outlook, Excel, some DOS programs.. that's it! I'm waiting to get a MacBook 12" or 13" if it comes out, but I have to agree that the feeling of a Mac is completely different that of a PC..

Thankx again!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

I couldn't agree more..

• Reply 7 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Because paying a fair price for a reliable, durable and well designed product used to be the status quo, it WAS granted.

Apperantly Dell and/or MS have changed expectations
  • Reply 8 of 8
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zenga

For me is simple, everytime i visit a PC manufacturer wether is DELL, HP or SONY I get confused & annoied of all the products they have, because they all mostly named by numbers.. is crazy to choose from the.. @ least for me!

Yes, definitely agree with this. Apple's website is clear, well laid out, and it is easy to find the information that you want. I am totally perplexed by the shear number of different models that most PC makers have. There doesn't seem to be any clear differentiation between the models, and provided information is limited, poorly laid out, or both, so making a comparison is difficult.

I was at Dell's website recently, configuring their cheapest desktop system. Nowhere, and I mean nowhere, could I find out how many USB ports the machine had, whether it had an AGP slot or not, or whether it had any PCI slots.