(NOT) FREE software that replaces Photoshop/Illustrator/Imageready/PDF/more!!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
http://www.pl32.com/pages/func.php

this does:

-raster (photoshop)

-vector (illustrator)

-pdf (indesign/acrobat)

-gif/flash animation (image ready/flash)

.it reads all of adobes own formats (wow)

.its shareware (free for 30 days im sure its easily k'able too)

.it has its own effects

.it works just like the other apps so if you know them then you know how to use this too

.+more

i hope this little company gives adobe some tough competition. theyve been a little too stagnant and monopolistic so thisll hopefully knock some sense into them

i tried it out myself and its awesome. totally beats jumping from program to program like i have to with adobes products.

you can use photoshop/pdf/etc files and plugins in them, then run the same file in photoshop and save it and bring it back to this app if you want, etc. shits tight.

(free software to replace microsoft office can be found in this thread

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    Adobe's grahics suite is the best in the business, there's nothing out there that's better

Whats your problem with big companies doing well? There successful for a reason.
  • Reply 2 of 21
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    How original their palettes look \

I'm guessing the only area of Adobe that will get worked up over this is the legal department.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by smclintock

Adobe's grahics suite is the best in the business, there's nothing out there that's better

Whats your problem with big companies doing well? There successful for a reason.

i have no problem with them at all, they do great things for the industry, the individual, etc. i agree, adobe is the best, nothing really compares (and thats why people pay thousands for their products). however, im pretty sure 99% of people who dont make their entire living off adobe products would much rather have this than spend the hard earned money they require to live and eat with on a program that is of no benefit; we dont live in utopia you know? also, open source and/or free programs like this give companies like adobe incentive to progress and not be monopolostic or unfair in their pricing or otherwise. these products, these groups, open source, competition, etc does just as much good for the industry/consumer as the leader does my friend. so we should embrace them just the same.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

How original their palettes look \

I'm guessing the only area of Adobe that will get worked up over this is the legal department.

youre complaining about the palette... wtf... i see what the apple community has turned into

also are you trying to insinuate that adobe were the sole creators of those icons, or those depictions for the corresponding tool? HAHAHA dont make me laugh
  • Reply 5 of 21
    let me get this straight before we have more of this nonsense.

this thread isnt for people who have money trees, this thread isnt for fanboys, this thread isnt for haters, this thread isnt for people who want to bring down others to bring up their own self esteem, this thread isnt for people like those who have posted so far who dont know how to appreciate the good things in life or good people and hate just for the sake of hating.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chiisuchianu

youre complaining about the palette... wtf... i see what the apple community has turned into

also are you trying to insinuate that adobe were the sole creators of those icons, or those depictions for the corresponding tool? HAHAHA dont make me laugh

It wouldn't be the first time Adobe has sued over patents for look and feel
  • Reply 7 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

It wouldn't be the first time Adobe has sued over patents for look and feel

true, i remember that lawsuit. it was more about the overall look and feel of the interface, that which this particular application is clearly avoiding. i just dont see how that guy can complain about the tools palette and give credit to adobe as if they created it, which they most certiainly did not.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Did all these apps require all these threads? This is verging on spam IMHO.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Did all these apps require all these threads? This is verging on spam IMHO.

yea im sure your opinion is very humble. calling someone whos just trying to inform people of a free solution to what would otherwise cost thousands of dollars is really a spammer. weee look at how im benefiting from you guys checking out free apps, oh i hope they didnt catch the referral link hidden in there thats gona make me rich! ....

and then for you to say "all". " ALL THESE THREADS"as if i filled up the board. lmao, theres only two. i learned of them recently and decided to share them with you all today cuz i have time. i guess some things are better off not shared with people since everyone seems to want to be "rebels without a cause". diss anything and everything, go forth! so sad...
  • Reply 10 of 21
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    This software is only "FREE" for 30 days per their site. Before you bash people for their skepticism maybe you should make sure you aren't touting some demo as free software...
  • Reply 11 of 21
    you can download the beta and use it for 2 months as well. also, the cost is 30 dollars i believe, ok so you save $1170 dollars instead saving $1200 getting this as opposed to buying adobe creative suite. big deal, if you dont like it then go spend $1200 on creative suite instead of crying here.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Chiisuchanasu, thanks for the links.

We've seen them before, and had discussions about them before.

But... from the Posting Guidelines, top left of every page:

Quote:

9. Be descriptive with the title of new threads. Do not start a thread with an ambiguous title like "Guess what..." and then use the text portion of the post to explain. Give your post a headline. This courtesy is especially appreciated in the more highly trafficked forums. Furthermore, threads with no original content will not be allowed. Do not post a link or quote an article while contributing little to nothing of your own.

One was enough. Two?

Never forget:

Quote:

12. The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts.

• Reply 13 of 21
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

yea im sure your opinion is very humble. calling someone whos just trying to inform people of a free solution to what would otherwise cost thousands of dollars is really a spammer. weee look at how im benefiting from you guys checking out free apps, oh i hope they didnt catch the referral link hidden in there thats gona make me rich! ....

and then for you to say "all". " ALL THESE THREADS"as if i filled up the board. lmao, theres only two. i learned of them recently and decided to share them with you all today cuz i have time. i guess some things are better off not shared with people since everyone seems to want to be "rebels without a cause". diss anything and everything, go forth! so sad...

I didn't call you a spammer, just that your practices are somewhat spammy. I'm not alone in this opinion and I've been around these boards far longer than you have, so I'm not sure what you think you're getting at. Meanwhile, your aggressive tone won't make you friends either.

Don't get me wrong, I like new and free apps as much as the next guy, I just suggest you limit yourself to a single thread next time. (Thanks Kickaha for reminding us all of guidelines. )
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:

.its shareware (free for 30 days im sure its easily k'able too)

What were you meaning by that?
  • Reply 15 of 21
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by smclintock

What were you meaning by that?

That you can probably k it. k as in krack. As in crack it to use it even though you haven't paid for it.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Which would be skirting with being in violation of the Posting Guidelines again...

Quote:

10. Posting requests or information about obtaining pirated or illegally-distributed software is prohibited. Any and all such posts may be removed without warning. If the offending member continues with such posts, he or she is subject to immediate suspension from the forums for any amount of time the administrators or moderators deem necessary. Furthermore, asking for technical support regarding pirated software is also not allowed and will be treated in the same manner as posts that directly ask for pirated software.

Just sayin'.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

you can download the beta and use it for 2 months as well. also, the cost is 30 dollars i believe, ok so you save $1170 dollars instead saving $1200 getting this as opposed to buying adobe creative suite. big deal, if you dont like it then go spend $1200 on creative suite instead of crying here.

The cost is about $70 US. Do you even read about these great finds or do you just pop 'em into their own nifty threads without even checking?

I actually went, READ about it, downloaded and tried it. It's not bad really, but certainly not free and suggesting that I go ahead and just crack it is againt the rules of the boards.

As for me, I just play with graphics programs. I'm no pro and I'm not paying for Photoshop anyhow. I'll use Gimp rather than use a cracked version of Photoshop.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Which would be skirting with being in violation of the Posting Guidelines again...

Exactly, the entire point of this thread was to suggest some 'FREE' alternatives, how does Chiisuchianu see that software as a free alternative when you have to pay for it in the first place, and then he suggests illegally cracking it, which you could do with Adobe Photoshop anyway.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Thread title edited to reflect reality.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Thread title edited to reflect reality.

damn i come back over a day later and youre still crying over this thread? what are you an adobe CEO? hahahaha