Steve J. Strategy Working Perfectly

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This new transition is doing a great publicity for Apple.. I read about all the waiting & craziness to get a Mactel and realize that it's exactly what Steve wanted to happen.. Don't think for a second that they didn't anticipated all the fuus that was coming but went ahead of schedule and anounced the new Mactel (6 months ahead) *PUBLICITY PUBLICITY PUBLICITY*.. Steve & CO. are the masters of media attention and they just took it to another level.. I've read that Apple should give a hint of their products, I think they are doing it pretty well.. look @ the new orgami.. is that a product that SJ would present @ Macworld or any of the events that he holds? I don't think so.. I'm always reminded that Apple has all the products we need but doing a great efford to get new one's out, that will fit in their offerings & satisfy our needs...

2006 is all Apple's year ALL!

an opinion by:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    grahamwgrahamw Posts: 575member
    And if it doesn't satisfy our needs, the RDF just gets cranked to maximum and our needs change

Tell it to my wallet, Steve's making me broke
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by grahamw

And if it doesn't satisfy our needs, the RDF just gets cranked to maximum and our needs change

Tell it to my wallet, Steve's making me broke

Yepp. He's alreading having me want an iPod hifi, the %$@@#!!

Luckily i can convince myself not-to as the hifi is not really stereo.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    LOL.. I'm a victim of the Reality Distortion Field(tm). I drool at the prospect of owning a MacBook Pro.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Does publicity include the multitudinous reports of instability and lockups on the Intel iMacs?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well, you know what they say, there's no such thing as bad public....

Oops.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Does publicity include the multitudinous reports of instability and lockups on the Intel iMacs?

Well...it is "bad" publicity if it isn't getting out.

This is the first time I have heard anything like this.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Same here, Placebo - care to share the love? Where are you seeing/hearing these 'multitudinous' problems?
  • Reply 8 of 14
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

I'm begining to think you're a MS employee!

• Reply 9 of 14
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zenga

I'm begining to think you're a MS employee!

Now come on Zenga. If he was a Microsoft employee, he'd be telling us that Windows runs better on the iMac than the Mac OS does.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    grahamwgrahamw Posts: 575member
    Yeah, gotta say, I've got an Macintel 20" and it's smooth sailing. VLC was crashing over and over at one point this afternoon.

Turns out I'd turned on some silly plugin that was crashing it over and over.

So I disabled that, and, on a lark, upgraded to the intel binary version.

Smooth framerates, no crashing, just like it should be.

Will there be some growing pains? Sure. Rampant issues? You wish Placebo, you wish
  • Reply 11 of 14
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Crazy as it is, yes it does. The majority of people seek problems so as to have a game. Mac OS is too good, no problems (no game). Windows has all kinds of problems hence most embrace it, it gives them a problem (game) to solve (play).
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Now come on Zenga. If he was a Microsoft employee, he'd be telling us that Windows runs better on the iMac than the Mac OS does.

• Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Crazy as it is, yes it does. The majority of people seek problems so as to have a game. Mac OS is too good, no problems (no game). Windows has all kinds of problems hence most embrace it, it gives them a problem (game) to solve (play).

I'm not a regular PC player, but some titles are worth the pain.. but not anymore.. I just got my copy of World of Warcraft and it runs smooth on my iMac.. no issues there... My guess is that should run even nicer on a Power Mac or the new MacBooks.. Anyways I don't need to play every title that comes out, just a few like WoW. I'm gonna buy Warcraft III (Chaos & Frozen) just to see how well it runs on a mac...

I don't need windows..

I just need more Macs...

• Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by grahamw

Yeah, gotta say, I've got an Macintel 20" and it's smooth sailing. VLC was crashing over and over at one point this afternoon.

Turns out I'd turned on some silly plugin that was crashing it over and over.

So I disabled that, and, on a lark, upgraded to the intel binary version.

Smooth framerates, no crashing, just like it should be.

Will there be some growing pains? Sure. Rampant issues? You wish Placebo, you wish

nice!