• Reply 1 of 9
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I found my house!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I found my house!

Naked on the sundeck again? I told you they'd catch you one day.

Nick
  • Reply 3 of 9
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    It would have been nice to throw this into the old Mars Exploration Thread, but it seems to have disappeared from the Search system.

Too bad, still lots of cool stuff happening on the 4th orb.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

It would have been nice to throw this into the old Mars Exploration Thread, but it seems to have disappeared from the Search system.

Too bad, still lots of cool stuff happening on the 4th orb.

It might still be there. I'm having a whole lot of trouble with the Search functions of these boards (See my feedback thread), but have so far received little assistance other than: "well, it works for me."

You are the 4th poster I have seen that has observed the same problem.

I don't mean to derail the thread, just raise consciousness about the problem.

--B
  • Reply 5 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I wish they had a false-colored option that tinted everything red a bit, just to match the real color of the planet.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    So wait, Google Mars isn't beta according to the graphic, but Gmail still is?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    They just took Google Maps, which isn't a beta, and dropped new textures in. Gmail on the other hand is a lot more than just some Web 2.0 scrolling magic, and needs to be a lot more dependable too.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I wish I had this when I read Red Mars, Green Mars and Blue Mars.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I thought it was fun, although the resolution wasn't perfect when zooming in all the way. No cheese layer like on the moon either. Anyhow, I don't see any money being made off this but its a cool thing and is a good tech demo, so Thanks Google!