steve's return..10 years after!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm watching the Macworld 1997 (Steve's comeback to Apple) and as I listen to his speech I see the people's reaction, specially when Bill Gate$ talked about macintosh nobody could have forseen what would happen afterwards.. Microsoft is still developing for Mac OS, Internet Explorer is gone from all OS Apple has a healthy line of computers, and incredible line of music/video players that has nothing to do with microsoft's media player.. I mean you have to look back @ steve's comeback and then take a look @ the present and it's much more clearer what the future in Apple will be.

As of september of 2005 Apple annual sales are in the ***14 Billion*** ballpark!!! When steve came back sales were around "7 Billion"... NOT BAD!!!

Hardware:

"iMac" Evolution in progress

"iBook" Affordable Portability

"PowerBook" Powerfull Portability

"PowerMac" Power to the Pros.

"iPod" Fun everybody!

"mini" Everybody's Mac

"Cinema" Beautifull Ladies.

Software:

"Mac OS" (Not Window$)

"iLife" Only on Mac OS

"iTunes" Also for Window$

"Quicktime" Industry standart

"Appleworks"(Not M$ Office)

"Aperture" Only for Mac OS

"Final Cut" Only for Mac OS

etc..

I think Apple is a very strong and innovative company that is only going to get better and better...

SJ said it best:

"PEOPLE THAT BUY MACS THINK DIFFERENTLY"

That's why you're reading this post.

I'm glad I think differently!

Money Talk: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=62020

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Funny. At that time Steve didn´t use a mac himself.

How are you watching the keynote? In a way I can enjoy too?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Funny. At that time Steve didn´t use a mac himself.

How are you watching the keynote? In a way I can enjoy too?

Here: http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/movies.html

Enjoy!

p.s. i bet that even bill gates uses a mac too!
  • Reply 3 of 14
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    You can also see it in its entirety on Google Video.

I couldn't have said it better, Zenga.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

You can also see it in its entirety on Google Video.

I couldn't have said it better, Zenga.

I would like to know where to get the keynote speech where Steve unveils Mac OS X and also the iBooks.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by troberts

I would like to know where to get the keynote speech where Steve unveils Mac OS X and also the iBooks.

I couldn't find it either?

• Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by troberts

Me as well

That audience weren't to keen on Internet Explorer, where they

It's good to see their isnt any default Microsoft application that exist on Tiger, and that Apple responded to that audience feedback by bringing out Safari

Long Live Apple 8)
  • Reply 7 of 14
    I've spent most of the day listening to the keynotes while I've been working. Gotta love the booing when Steve announced IE as default browser. Also, I quite liked the Disney guy in 1998 declaring that 'IE is my browser of choice, that's how I'm supposed to say it, right?'.

Very interesting to see how they got things back on track. From what I've seen the new board were spot on with what they chose to do. Look where we are now. I'm sitting in front of an OS I actually enjoy using! And I can only see things getting better with the much spoken of 'halo effect'.

Also, the 7 minute intro to the iPod is quite interesting. Hearing them thinking it might become an icon and change everything. Spot on...
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Here's another cool video link. These guys have a plethora of Apple related videos.

Different District

Here's another link. This is set on the second page of the results, so feel free to explore. There's a great deal of stuff here.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Here's another cool video link. These guys have a plethora of Apple related videos.

Different District

Here's another link. This is set on the second page of the results, so feel free to explore. There's a great deal of stuff here.

THANKX!

• Reply 10 of 14
    Not a problem, pal. I have an uncanny way of digging stuff up.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Not a problem, pal. I have an uncanny way of digging stuff up.

"uncanny way" = "google"
  • Reply 12 of 14
    You never get enough, do you?

Sorry, but I didn't use Google. I used Yahoo and YouTube. Would it have impressed you more if I just pulled these out of thin air?

At least I was able to provide the links; I didn't see anyone else volunteer. I was just helping out.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
  • Reply 14 of 14
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Now if Apple could start to think a little more conventionally as well, we maybe could get 15-20%