Best photo album software for Mac?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What is the best photo album software for the Mac? I have only used iPhoto and have been able to do many cool things. But I have learned that the "free" Canon software may be the best for scrapbook type books. What is your experience and what printing service is the best? I have only used the iLife products to do things like this with. I have no experience with PC based photo album software. Are there better? And why?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I print my own stuff at home and often just use Apple's Pages (part of iWork) for the layout, masking, etc. It's very easy to make very nice pages. I tend to include quite a bit of text. If I want to do fancier stuff, I use Adobe Photoshop Elements to prep.

I usually print to a large page (A4 which is approx. US letter) and then punch holes in the side and add to a binder. Doublesided photo paper works, but you need to be careful to let the first side dry before running it back through the printer.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bergermeister

I print my own stuff at home and often just use Apple's Pages (part of iWork) for the layout, masking, etc. It's very easy to make very nice pages. I tend to include quite a bit of text. If I want to do fancier stuff, I use Adobe Photoshop Elements to prep.

I usually print to a large page (A4 which is approx. US letter) and then punch holes in the side and add to a binder. Doublesided photo paper works, but you need to be careful to let the first side dry before running it back through the printer.

Good to hear but I would like to have a pro service do the printing, like a Kodak. Where they print and cover for a reasonable price. Could you send your albums to a Kodak like service?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I live in Japan and am not aware of printing services like that. They likely exist but I'm not sure.