iCal crashing

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Macbook Pro 2Ghz

1Gb RAM

Whenever I open iCal it opens, loads the calanders and promptly crashes.

I have tried removing all iCal related files from:

username/Library/Application Support/iCal

username/Library/Caches

username/Library/Preferences

but to no avail. I would rather not go the archive and install route, so wonder if anyone has any other suggestions?

Ta

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by slyinthedam

Macbook Pro 2Ghz

1Gb RAM

Whenever I open iCal it opens, loads the calanders and promptly crashes.

I have tried removing all iCal related files from:

username/Library/Application Support/iCal

username/Library/Caches

username/Library/Preferences

but to no avail. I would rather not go the archive and install route, so wonder if anyone has any other suggestions?

Ta

Possibly a corrupt calendar...

Have you tried creating a new user and seeing if iCal works in the new user account? Try it with the default (empty) calendars, then copy over the calendars (stored in ~/library/calendars/) from your main user account one by one, re-launching iCal each time.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. H

Possibly a corrupt calendar...

Have you tried creating a new user and seeing if iCal works in the new user account? Try it with the default (empty) calendars, then copy over the calendars (stored in ~/library/calendars/) from your main user account one by one, re-launching iCal each time.

Thanks for answering Mr. H. I think I deleted all the calendars and it still occured. There is no ~/library/calendars, I belive they are in ~library/Application Support/iCal/sources.

I did create a new account for testing purposes and iCal worked fine, so it is definately something in my home dir.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by slyinthedam

Thanks for answering Mr. H. I think I deleted all the calendars and it still occured. There is no ~/library/calendars, I belive they are in ~library/Application Support/iCal/sources.

I did create a new account for testing purposes and iCal worked fine, so it is definately something in my home dir.

I'm on 10.3.9, so that could account for the different calendar locations.

What about corrupt fonts? Are there any fonts in ~/library/fonts/ that are not in the /library/fonts/ folder of the new user?